In-House CPD Briefings
Our bespoke in-house Continuous Professional Development (CPD) briefings give you access to a variety of different educational resources from key partners, designed to maintain & augment your knowledge of environmental, planning and title issues. We can help you maximise the potential locked in your existing reports and help you pass that expertise onto your clients as well as keeping you up to date with the industry with SRA-accredited learning.
Whilst we offer a fully structured session, each complimentary briefing is tailored in order to meet your needs. From 1-to-1 sessions to discuss a new product to CPD training sessions for 10 or more delegates, we can cater for firms of all sizes.
These are just a couple of the sessions that we offer:
Environmental - Managing Contaminated Land Risk In Property Transactions
Within this one hour session, you will learn about key environmental issues that threaten the smooth running of property transactions as well as how to identify and manage the risks associated with them. With a focus on best practice, we will also discuss compliance, due diligence and risk reduction.
- Environmental Issues
- Changes to the Contaminated Land Regime & Statutory Guidance
- Compliance – including Law Society Guidance 2014, reinforcing the need for effective due diligence
- Case studies
- Managing Environmental Risk
- Landmark/Argyll Environmental Reports
Planning, Energy And Infrastructure
In addition to the standard local authority & CON 29 searches, solicitors should ensure that the wider issues that affect the day to day enjoyment of a property are revealed prior to completion. This session provides a focus on the latest planning policies & legislation, planning changes, major energy and infrastructure projects and their potential impact on homes and businesses.
- Understanding planning issues in residential/commercial transactions
- Planning policy and legislation
- Recent policy and legislative changes
- Planning information available – applications, land use designations
- Wind Farms, Energy Exploration and HS2
For more details on our in-house CPD briefings, get in touch using the enquiry form on the right hand side of the page.